On Conversations: #Interview with #AAMBookclub #author Ra'Mone Marquis

Please welcome AAMBookclub Author Ra'Mone Marquis to Conversations today. Ra'Mone is here to talk about his new release, District 69: The Crimson Edition. So, check out the cover and blurb, and get to know Ra'Mone by checking out his interview too!

Lisa ~
_____________________________________________

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IZSVM56/?tag=crlaofsu-20 
District 69: The Crimson Edition

District 69: The Crimson Edition is an urban erotica experience that follows 3 diverse characters.











Interview with Ra'Mone Marquis 

What 5 words would you use to describe yourself and why?
  1. Determined – with various situations that I was born into and raised in; statistically I should not have acquired half of what I have. I was determined and still am to make something out of myself and to break certain cycles that are in my surroundings.
  2. Persistent – with all of the obstacles I have endured and still deal with I refuse to let it define or deter me.
  3. Chameleon – I’ve always been able to blend into any situation and environment. A wide variety of people have always been able to relate and connect with me; everyone from a local dope boy to the CEOs of corporate America.
  4. Private – I am a very private person. My business is my business and I do not feel it is anyone else’s business. People know about me what I choose for them to know. This has allowed me to protect myself. However, on the flip side this is a pro for those who are close to me, because I’m not just private with my business but theirs as well.
  5. Progression – I have come a long way from the person I was 20 years ago and even the person I was 7 years ago. I love me, I’m proud of me. I’m stronger, wiser, and my zero tolerance for various things has increased. Each day I strive to have progression internally and externally. This helps strengthen the foundation for my success.
What makes District 69: The Crimson Edition stand apart from all the other books of its genre?

When I read a book, you feel that you’re doing just that. However, when you read my book you feel as if you’re chilling, kicking back, and having a one on one conversation with me or one of your friends. This type of presentation allows the readers to relate more to the stories I tell. Through the descriptiveness I provide, they are more in the moment while they are reading. What really hooks the readers and takes them to another level is the fact that my stories are real life experiences. Nothing excites people more than juicy real life stories; whether it’s a tv movie, reality tv, a box office film, or even a novel. All of these components together provide my readers with a literary experience. Although many books are good most do not do that.


Were there any aspects of yourself that you used to enhance the stories written?

My personality fueled the entire book. My personality has always entertained and/or gravitated people towards me. To make the book more entertaining I used my personality with regards to the word usage and how I described things and situations. This made the stories easy to tell because it allowed me to pretend that I was chilling with my close friends having a good ole chill chat and chew.

In 2011 you created and since have been growing your own non-profit, True T.A.L.E.N.T.S. Foundation, Inc., which deals with the mentoring and enrichment of youth 13-18 years of age. The effectiveness of the organization has been showcased through winning awards and being published in newspapers. Do you feel that by being an erotica author that you have tainted your image and respect as a community leader?

I do not feel that I have tainted any image or reputation. My effectiveness and success with mentoring youth is heavy due to my transparency. A huge majority of the youth today do not have a positive outlet where they can express their thoughts and feelings without being judged. I came from the same background as almost all of the youth that I mentor. I have no criminal record, I have college degrees, and I’m an independent adult consistently accomplishing things. I provide them with not just a positive role model but someone they can trust and relate to. I provide them with positive insight and enrichment to aid them in reaching their full potential.




Ra’Mone Marquis is a native of the state of Florida. He received his Bachelors degree from Florida International University where he became a proud 2005 initiate of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc. He went on to receive his Masters degree from the University of Phoenix. Currently living in Melbourne, Florida; Ra’Mone cites Miami as his second home. Due to a desire to provide people with an uncensored, informative, and uninhibited place to learn and express one’s self, regarding everything sexuality; Ra’Mone created the website The Quis Box. It includes everything from a blog, discussion forum, videos, and more. He is also the Founder and President of True T.A.L.E.N.T.S. Foundation, Inc.; a 501c3 nonprofit that he started in 2011. Its mission is to mentor and enrich the youth of our communities, ages 13-18 years old. With talents including music and the dramatic arts; Ra’Mone finds joy in writing, cooking, entertainment, exercising, eating, and traveling…just to name a few.

Author Contact Info:
Email: kacebooksllc@yahoo.com
Twitter: @ramonemarquis
Instagram: @ramonemarquis
Facebook: www.facebook.com/ramone.fluellen

You can enter and enjoy The Quis Box at:
www.thequisbox.com

You can find additional information about Ra’Mone Marquis’ non-profit, True T.A.L.E.N.T.S. Foundation, Inc., at:
www.ttfoundationinc.com
Twitter: @ttfoundation5
Instagram: @ttfoundation5
Facebook: www.facebook.com/truetfan or www.facebook.com/true.talents
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate Program where the site owner receives payment/credit for books sold by clicking through to Amazon. Clicking on the slideshow or carousel will bring you directly to Amazon.